The plugin works only with the real device.
A few setup actions should be completed before you can use the plugin. If the plugin isn’t installed (for example it was just imported to the project), the settings window will be opened automatically in the Inspector view. If for some reason it wasn’t opened after you imported the plugin, go to:
Window → Stan's Assets -> Android Native → Edit Settings
And just press Install Plugin button. If the installation is completed successfully you should see the message as shown in the picture below:
Android Native Plugin supports Facebook SDK. You can download the latest version from the plugin settings:
Note: With Facebook SDK your app size will be increased
If you are not using the plugin Facebook Part, feel free to remove it by pressing Remove Facebook SDK
You can also manage API's which is included in the plugin just enabling / disabling checkboxes:
How to update
Plugin is constantly under the development, which means that it comes with new feature and fixes in every update. One more important thing is that the new update can also come with the plugin API refactor. The plugin structure, method and classes names can change. Of course, it will be described in the Version Notes.
It is important to stay up to date, since with in the updates you get not only new features, but also important fixes and updates to support new OS / Unity versions. However, constant plugin update is not required. If you are satisfied with the current version and do not want to spend some time on updating procedure, you can stay with this version as long as you want.
Note: If you found bug, or something is not working as described in documentation, please update to the latest plugin version, before contacting support, since this is first suggestion which you will get from the support team, and most likely update will fix your issue impliedly.
Upgrades Best Practices
IMPORTANT! If you not using Version Control System, make sure you did a backup before updating the plugin.
1) Completely remove old plugin version from your project. You can do this automatically as shown on the screenshot below.
2) Import and install new plugin version.
1. When you are removing the plugin, your project files, and plugin settings will stay unharmed. This means that you do not need to fill up the plugin editor settings again after an update.
2. If you have more than one Stan's Assets product in your project, it will be removed as well. Such behaviour was designed in purpose. Stan's Assets products are fully compatible with each other, but to achieve this compatibility you should use a version of plugins which are released in the same time.
For example, you have the following plugins in your project
- Android Native v6.7(released 05 Jul 2015 )
- IOS Native v7.2 (released 05 Jul 2015 )
- Mobile Social Plugins v6.7 (released 05 Jul 2015 )
You can't just update Android Native to v6.8(released 10 Aug 2015 ), you need to update other plugins as well, so after updating you should have following plugin versions:
- Android Native v6.8(released 10 Aug 2015 )
- IOS Native v7.2 (released 10 Aug 2015 )
- Mobile Social Plugins v6.8 (released 10 Aug 2015 )
If you are updating a minor version, for example, you are updating IOS Native from 7.2 to 7.2.1, plugin removing is not required. You can just import the new version and follow the instructions in the editor UI if any appear.
If the plugin has a conflict with the IOS / WP8 / Android (which does not override the main activity), please, contact support team