HOW TO BUILD A CO-OP SPACE SHOOTER
Photon Indie Power Tutorial - Made by Hammer Labs
*NEW* Tutorial Part 2 out now:
more maps, more game modes, more networking tutorials.
FREE: Watch all tutorial videos for free here.
This tutorial series contains selected core elements from the full game "Sky Arena". ItDOES NOT include ALL source and assets from the full version. You can download to play the full game for free here.
ALL PARTS INCLUDE TUTORIAL VIDEOS + SOURCE CODE + ASSETS.
Photon Unity Networking Free is included in this package.
+ PART 1 CONTENTS +
- learn how to continually synchronize GameObjects between multiple online clients
- Useful for objects like player characters, enemies, moving obstacles etc.
- How to synchronize one-off events that happen at a specific time
- This handles events like shooting lasers or picking up powerups from the scene
- We show you how Photon differentiates between different types of GameObjects
- Create important objects that down belong to a player like doors, pickups or enemies
+ PART 2 CONTENTS (new!) +
- Using Photon Chat
- Independent of rooms and filtered by channel
- Friend list that keeps track of your friends status
- Can be used for rooms and players
- Used to synchronize data between all clients like player- or team scores
- How to sync loading
- Using them in matchmaking
- Capture the Flag
- Free For All Deathmatch
- Team Deathmatch
Join and create Rooms
- Multiple matchmaking algorithms
- Use custom properties or complex SQL filters to find the best server
- Sortable room browser
- Create your own room and customize it's map queue
Read more in the Unity Forum Thread.